No pressure or anything, but what you write in your bio could mean the difference between a right or left swipe. IRL, you can catch someone’s attention with a flirty smile across a packed bar, a witty joke deployed via DM slide, or bold moves on the dance floor. On dating apps, however, you have a limited number of words (and photos) to make that crucial first impression. Dating apps are more crowded than ever these days, so check out these Bumble bio ideas to use during the coronavirus pandemic.
Odds are, you’re spending more time than ever swiping away now that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has recommended social distancing. The key to attracting quality matches, of course, is to put your best foot forward — and a clever bio is a great way to show off your personality and sense of humor.
A warning: Now is not the time to test out your edgiest jokes. Kindness and respect are always welcome on dating apps — so please, steer clear of offensive jokes that make light of people who are sick, out of work, or on the front lines.
This is easier than you might think. Need some inspiration? The following bios are ready to use — all you have to do is hit copy and paste. Whether you’re searching for your soulmate or just a pen pal to casually flirt with, these bios are bound to rack up the matches.
1. Seeking someone that looks at me the way I look at the last roll of toilet paper RN.
2. Now accepting Venmo payments for our next virtual date: [insert handle here].
3. Current hobbies include: mindlessly looking inside my fridge every 20 minutes, panic-scrolling Twitter, maybe chatting with you?
4. Pros: looks decent in a face mask. Cons: spotty WiFi signal.
5. Using this sitch to work on fulfilling my dream of becoming a TikTok sensation. HBU?
6. Please remember to practice safe sext (washing your hands for at least 20 seconds).
7. Signature scent: Purell.
8. Current theme song: “All By Myself.”
9. I’m just a human, standing 6 feet away from another human, asking them not to move any closer.
10. Looking for my Prince Charmin.
11. Tell me your go-to quarantine snack and we’ll go from there.
12. FYI, I make a mean quarantini.
13. Apparently, what you stock up on says a lot about you. For me, it’s coffee and wine.
14. Major points if you can send me the perfect coronavirus-meets-Tiger King meme.
15. There’s a 50/50 chance I’ll be wearing PJs on the bottom during our next virtual date. Just trying to kick things off on a note of pure honesty.
Thank you for reading my blog. Please read, like, comment, and most of all follow Phicklephilly. I publish every day.
Buy Phicklephilly THE BOOK now available on Amazon!
Listen to the Phicklephilly podcast LIVE on Spotify!